Just passed yesterday the RHCE exam and now I’m RedHat Certified Engineer!!!
My end results:
SECTION I: TROUBLESHOOTING AND SYSTEM MAINTENANCE Compulsory Section I score: 50.0 Non-compulsory Section I score: 50.0 Overall Section I score: 100 SECTION II: INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION RHCT components score: 100.0 RHCE components score: 89.3 RHCE Certification: PASS Congratulations -- you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer! Your RHCE Certificate number is 805008660832359.
As the failure rate on the first attempt is around 50%, I’m very proud to say that I passed at the first try! B-)
This are few recommendation for people that are willing to get this important certification:
- when you plan your study, complete the online pre-assessment questionnaires. They’re very well done and will give suggestion on what training/level is good for you
- join the right RedHat training for your level: they’re simply great. But go to the training already prepared: study BEFORE join the class, so that you can use the training to go deeper and build conficence rather than learn things from 0. At least the RH300 (the one I followed) is VERY intense!
- always check the RHCE Prep Guide, and focus only on the topic listed there. If something is not written there WON’T be in the exam
- be sure to be confident with ALL the topics, don’t sit for the exam hoping that something won’t be tested
- time is very important so be ready to work fast
- experience is even more important, so use and play with RedHat as much as you can
Good luck if you plan to go for the RHCE, I’m going to celebrate now 😉