If you’re curious to know why I’m sharing my online income reports, read here.
This is a shorter version of my monthly income report as I’m currently in Myanmar (aka Burma) where Internet connection is seriously bad!
This place is amazing, I’ll write more about it in the travel section but for now I’m just saying that it’s an incredible trip with an Internet connection from early 2000s.
Last month I didn’t have much WordPress consultancies work, so I could focus more on my online businesses.
Let’s get down to business with the report from October 2014.
What’s going on
WP Tube 5 theme update
In May I bought a website selling a WordPress Theme: freeWPtube.com It’s a theme that allows to create video websites based on WordPress.
October continued to show a downtrend spiral in the theme sales.
I had 6 sales for a total of $214.
That’s 5 sales less than last month, but traffic is keeping stable.
I did some changes during October. In WP Tube 4 (the version for free download) I added a message proposing the upgrade to the Premium version.
New project coming up!
I’ve been thinking about this for a while… due to the success of my Spanish DIY blog, ComoHacer, I decided to work on the Italian version.
ComoHacer has around 100.000 unique visitors a month and very positive comments from the visitors. People love the content of the articles and the vintage style of the pictures.
In October I hired Melissa, a professional translator from oDesk, to start rewriting the top articles in Italian.
This is going to be a bit of an investment because the blog has 483 posts and I want to make sure that the translation is top quality. This means that I’ll have to invest a few hundred euros to start with, but I’m sure that the quality of the content will give the new blog a nice rank in the search engines and as a consequence more and more traffic.
I’ll share more about this new project next month!
An update on ComoHacer e-book sales
I did some work on the e-book selling process. First of all, I changed WordPress plugin to sell the e-book. I’m now using Easy Digital Downloads, the same free plugin I’m using to sell the WP Tube theme.
This new solution offers great advantages:
- Better checkout process with confirmation of the order
- Support for discount codes (coupons), a great marketing tool for promotions
- Nice reports
With the new plugin, I also changed a bit the sale page that now is here.
I also reduced the price from 19$ to 9$ to see how the price affects the sales.
I’ll report on those changes next month.
Time for the numbers!
- Adsense: €713.58 (last month €638.66)
- Feedblitz: €42.76 (last month €42.71)
- Direct Ads:€26.60 (last month €422.14)
- BuySellAds: €18 (last month €2)
- Job Board Services
- Premium Job posting: €100 (last month €125)
- Resume Access: €39.13 (last month €15.83) – I’m stopping this service
- Affiliate Programs
- Lead generation: 0
- Product affiliation: €159.06 (last month €51.68)
- Amazon program: €2 (last month €2)
- Product Sales:
- ComoHacer ebook: €7.63 (last month €45)
- WP Tube theme: €171.54 (last month €283.82)
Total Gross: € 1,280.33 (last month 1,628.84)
Note: some links to products and services may have affiliation. This means that if you’ll buy I’ll get a commission. Never the less, I’m only mentioning here services that I use myself to operate my websites.
- Site5: €19
- This is the hosting I’m using since a few months and totally happy with. They have servers in Amsterdam too, so I use it for my European websites.
- HostGator: €18
- This is a popular cheap hosting provider with servers in US. I still use it for some websites with majority of traffic from Americas.
- Site5: €19
- Mailing List services
- FlipFilter: €10
- This is a very useful service for website buyers, crunching big data from multiple marketplaces for you.
- Outsourcing: 0
- Paypal refunds: 30€
Total Expenses: € 163.56 (last month € 163.56)
Net Total October 2014: € 1,116.77 (last month 1,465.28)