Greetings from Muscat, Oman, where I’m traveling at the moment after spending few weeks in Italy!
This is a short version of the usual reports – I don’t want to spend too much time on it even if the August report has seen an almost-record of 192 views to date.
I had a very productive and focused month, let’s see some details.
What’s Going On
Interviewed in ItalianIndie podcast
Beginning of September I got interview in the ItalianIndie podcast (in Italian):
The title is ‘How to create an online business WITHOUT start from 0’ and during the interview I went through my story, the switch from being an employee, and how I got into website buying.
Full interview details here – but in Italian!
It was an honor to be interviewed by Samuele as a successful entrepreneur, and it’s because of my online income reports that we got in touch (through my spiritual guide Cloudio, that I spiritually thank).
During the interview I spoke about my WordPress Support Service WP-OK and I offered the listeners a special bonus. This leaded to over 40 leads, with few of them turning into customers!
I enjoyed the whole thing: preparing for the interview listening lots of previous podcast episodes, recording the chat with Samuele (I never had an audio interview before!), waiting for the publishing and then collecting the feedback – almost all of them good, and I ignore the bad ones anyway 🙂 – and receiving the contacts.
End of January I shot a message to the webmaster of VivereAmsterdam.com (Vivere means Live) asking if he was interested in selling the page.
End of August, I receive the news that he was!
Buying a website can be a long process, eh?
We closed the deal for €530. This price is not based on a multiplier of current profits, but rather a negotiated price considering the domain quality, age and the existing Facebook page with 2,500 fans.
A couple of weeks after I could put my dirty hands on my new website and start implementing my plan… I could finally give a proper home to my Italian articles about living in Amsterdam and The Netherlands!
This acquisition solves a problem I had for few years now. In my blog danielebesana.com I was mixing too many topics and too many languages.
Now I can focus here on English articles about travels, Salsa and money 😉
Meet Valerio, my collaborator in RouterFreak.com
I’ve been looking for someone to work with for over an year now, and I can tell you it’s not easy to find the right person that shares the same values and can be trusted.
Back in December 2014, Valerio (from cambio-vita.com) got in touch with me after finding my blog in the dark side of Google.
It took three months and few emails before we were on a Skype call talking about a collaboration on RouterFreak.com!
Valerio and me share quite few things. We’re both Italians, with a past as network engineers for big IT names, and a present as digital nomads.
So we found an agreement and since few months we’re working together on RouterFreak: an highly specialized blog for network engineers.
Let’s get down with the numbers!
- Adsense: €338.64 (was €446.66) – it’s impressive how Adsense earnings got cut in half in few months
- Feedblitz: €25.66 (was €52.11) – a ‘trick’ I use to monetize newsletters
- Direct Ads: €137.09 (was €363.21) – directly negotiated advertising campaigns
- Sponsored posts: €1056.38 (was 0) – I received the biggest payment ever for a sponsored article
- BuySellAds: €20 (no change)
- Job Board Services
- Job posting: €69.42 (was €167.87) – few paid jobs on AidBoard
- Affiliate Programs
- Lead generation: 0 (was €387.75)
- Product affiliation: €375.18 (was €203) – Clickbank, SEMrush and others affiliate programs
- Amazon program: €554.10 (was €538.35) – the drone website keeps providing
- ComoHacer ebook: €39.62 (was €24.31) – slowly but steady, this eBook is contributing as passive income
- WP Tube theme: €103 (was €175.09) – 3 copies sold, it keeps slowing down
- Website sale: 0 – Nothing to sell at the moment!
- WP-OK services: €196 (was €260)
Total Gross: € 2,915.09 (last month 2,636.5)
Note: some links to products and services may have affiliation. This means that if you’ll buy I’ll get a commission. Never the less, I’m only mentioning services that I use myself to operate my websites.
- Site5: €126.59
- This is the hosting I’m using and happy with. I recently switched to a VPS4 solution. They have servers in Amsterdam too, perfect for my websites with European audience.
- HostGator: €18
- This is a popular cheap hosting provider with servers in US. I still use it for some websites with majority of traffic from Americas, but their support is getting worse and worse!
- Site5: €126.59
- Mailing List services
- FlipFilter: €10 – very useful service for website buyers, crunching big data from multiple marketplaces for you
- Articles: €35.15 (was €46.68)
- Partnerships: €399.91 (was 0) – new entry to track the sharing of profits
- The Dynamite Circle: 0 – great community of online entrepreneurs, quarterly paid
- SEMrush: €59 – PRO membership of this excellent tool to analyze search engine results and competition
- Ahrefs: €18.68 – I’m testing the paid membership, this is a great tool for backlink analysis
- Boomerang for Gmail: €13.47 – Excellent tool for email management
- Website acquisition: €530 (was 0)
- Domain renewal: €8.13 (was €44.63) – expenses related to domains registered at Godaddy
- Adwords: €19.83 (was €26.42)
- Facebook Ads: €2.66 (was €22.18) – tests
Total Expenses: € 1,347.62 (was €438.4)
Net Total September 2015: € 1,567.47 (last month 2,198.1)
Last month signed quite of a big change actually.
Having a partner officially on-board means I’m sharing the revenues from one of my websites and this is taking a toll in the financial results, but on the other hand we’re growing the site together.
And considering that I had a small website acquisition, I’m satisfied with the the final net over €1500!