My trip around the Baltic country started the 6th July in Klaipeda, Lithuania, ended 14 days later in Tallinn, Estonia.
Not bad, considering that we had no training and that bike was chosen as emergency transportation option after the Salsa Van death. This was our itinerary:
- Day 1: Klaipeda-Nida by bike (60km), return trip by bus.
- Day 2: Klaipeda-Sventoj by bike (50km).
- Day 3: Sventoj-Karosta (90km).
- Day 4: Cycling around Karosta and Liepaja (20km).
- Day 5: Liepaja-Aizpute by bus, then Aizpute-Kuldiga by bike (40km).
- Day 6: Kuldiga-Sabile by bike (55km).
- Day 7: Sabile-Riga by bus.
- Day 8: Riga-Jurmala and back by train.
- Day 9: around Riga by bike (15km).
- Day 10: Riga-Sigulda by bike (55km).
- Day 11: off-road cycling around Sigulda river paths (20km).
- Day 12: Sigulda-Valga by train, then Valga-Nurese farm by bike (85km).
- Day 13: Chasing sheeps in the farm, by foot.
- Day 14: Farm-Vijandi by bike (30km), then Vijandi-Tallinn Veika by train, then Tallinn Veika – Tallinn by bike (12km).